• 0 głosów - średnia: 0
karlowate, non-growing, rare leaves microcarpa gi
Hello to everyone Smile
I am a complete novice in the care of bonsai trees. I recently bought two, FICUS MICROCARPA GINSENG one 30cm and the other 90cm high. The first plant lives in my work and despite the fact that after bringing from the store all the leaves have fallen, it quickly settled down, the leaves have grown and it looks nice. I have a problem with this second big tree. He leaves the leaves also and I do not want to grow as beautiful and lush as they were. They are small, dwarfed, do not want to grow and are rare, it looks unattractive like in the picture Sad At the top, they only grow like crazy wild, which I constantly prune.
I will add that the tree stands in a place where there is no draft, all day is sunny, but it does not shine directly on it. I tried to experiment with watering. It's the bowl, it's the root, it's more often, it's less and no effect. After all, I already read various forums and how many people have enough feedback on how to cultivate them: / I also bought a new substrate and replanted a tree and nothing. Can anyone help me, what can he miss?
  Odpowiedz
Hey,

Most of the plants/bonsai from garden centers are usually have root ball over grow, soil is not very suitable, they were probable fed by hydroponics or another watering system. Plants will get initial shock when moved to home and some weak ones might even die. There is no photos attached but i probably can guess how they look like Smile First thing i would do is to re-pot them to slightly bigger pots and use soil with good drainage, for the begging mixture of garden soil/compost with perlite or some small gravel would do, dont use 100%peat moss soil! Ficuses like to have soil moist all the time but not wet, so you need to be careful with watering, only water when soil is dry on top and not much, they are coming from tropics so they used to high humid air, spraying them with mist of water will help to keep humidity up. If you live in the country where is really dry air, you might need to use trace with stones under the pot(let me know if you need to know how to set it up).
When re-potting, try to remove as much of old soil as possible without damaging any roots. don't cut them yet, gentle untangle. In the new pot make a drainage layer(pebbles or small stones 1-2cm max)place a bit of soil on top and than the tree. Fill in the pot with the soil, make sure soil gets in between roots as well. Water it well. Spray leaves twice per day as well(don't water until soil will start getting dry) Try not to put it in the direct sun light, it might damage the tree. after about two weeks you can move it into to permanent position.
Please remember the Ficus doesn't like to be moved(small rotation maybe 30% is possible), if you do it will start dropping the leaves.

I hope that helps.
Best of luck!
  Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości